Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Pre-Cleanse

After a few false starts, I am going to finally start the cleanse tomorrow.  Today was to be my start day until I realized that it was Fat Tuesday!  I had to have one last hoorah!  I did start to do the Cleanse last month, but quit after day 5.  I will explain that story later.  This time around I am aiming for 20 days.

I am pretty much a naturally thin person, but in the last few months I think I packed on 10 lbs.
I had quit my job  and the weather here has been nasty!  I am talking days where the high temp was 1 degree.   Even in my apartment snuggled under blankets, I was chilly.  Going outside was physical torture.  the skin on my face would leterally freeze.  

So the boredom of being stuck inside really got me chowing down on junk foods that I normally do not eat.  Prior to December my diet had been very healthy. Pretty much a Pescatarian diet, meaning the only animal food I would eat was fish. No meats or poultry. I was also eating lots of fresh fruits and veggies and whole grains. My weight was around 103 for my height of 5'3".

November 1st I quit smoking. This was right after I left my job as a manager of a restaurant. I really wanted to take some time off this winter before resuming work. My job had really sucked the life out of me. On the plus side, I was able to eat and drink there for free. That was quite an advantage and like I said my meals were mainly Salmon and veggies. The negative side, was the long hours and the waiting around. The night would go by pretty fast while it was busy. Then the restaurant end would close and we would have to wait around for the bar to close up. This is where my drinking and chain smoking got out of control. Out of sheer boredom, I would smoke and drink all night, every night. 

So after I left the job, I had grand plans to go on a real health kick. But with the holidays, and the terrible cold and boredom that I mentioned above, I really got out of shape and on a total crap diet that has lasted the last 3 months. So the change starts now! Or actually tomorrow;) I really hope to lose some weight on this cleanse, but more importantly, I am looking forward to the cleansing and healing effects of this diet. I also like the challenge. 10 days is the minimum you should go on it, but I am aiming for 20. We will see... 

So tonight I had a meal of minestrone soup, and am also being very bad by having some wine and chocolate. 

more to come... 

No comments: