Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Day 21

One tip I have for anyone on the cleanse would be to make sure you don't ingest anything that needs to be digested. If you do, you will stay in a constant state of hunger and food craving because your stomach is still manufacturing acid needed to digest. One of reasons people can fast for such a long amount of time is because after 3 or so days your stomach stops producing these acids and digestive enzymes and basically "shuts down" so there is no more hunger.

Everything you ingest should be completely liquid. I found that straining the lemon juice so that there is no pulp in it made a HUGE difference. The first time I did the cleanse I did not do this and never lost my hunger. So if you are having problems on the cleanse, this could be one of the reasons.

Another thing I have noticed on the message boards is there seems to be a lot of people who are taking cayenne capsules. Once again, that is going to make your stomach need to digest something. I am someone who does not usually like hot foods, and I am fine with it. You really get used to it after a while. Maybe that gross white layer on the tongue helps block the heat!

You only need to use a PINCH! 1/10 of a teaspoon! It really is not that much. The longer the pepper sits in liquid, the hotter it gets, so if you are making your lemonade ahead of time, leave the cayenne out and add it right before drinking.

I found something else about why they are not good to take:

Don't use cayenne capsules for two reasons. First, most capsules are made from gelatin (boiled hooves, tendons and sinews of pigs) which require digestion and thus defeat the fasting aspect of the Master Cleanse, which is what gives it its power.

Secondly, Master Herbalist, Dr. Richard Schulze, who rates cayenne as the #1 most important, useful herb, says that people who take it in capsules don't get the maximum healing effect because it bypasses the nerve endings in the mouth which react by sending blood throughout the body especially into blocked areas.

Most people who have problems taking cayenne by mouth once tried it by taking way too much at first. It is such a beneficial herb, it is worth learning to take it. (It is a learned food, just like celery or tomatoes.) So, start with whatever amount is comfortable and gradually increase it until you can use a 1/10 teaspoon in each 10 oz. lemonade drink...or more!"

So, like I said, if you are still feeling hungry after the first 3 days or so, make sure you are not forcing your stomach to stay in digestion mode.

Any whooo....Three weeks for me today! I treated myself a bottle of my favorite perfume. "Luctor et Emergo"

It is pretty expensive for a fragrance, but I really love it and Luctor et Emergo translates as "I struggle and emerge" or "Struggle and Conquor". What could be a better motto for my Master Cleanse experience?

more, later....

No comments: