Monday, February 25, 2008

Day 20

My trip was good, and it was bad. It was nice to have some different scenery to look at and to be able to be out in the fresh air for some nice nature walks. It was bad because I didn't realize how much harder it is to be around someone you associate with eating and drinking.

My friend started her cleanse, but I doubt she will stay on it. She wants to do it mostly for weight loss, and I find people are much more motivated when they are doing it for health reasons as well.

Tomorrow will be 3 weeks for me! I am going for at least one more week. There are still some things that I would like to get rid of if I can. I hear people say old scars that they have had gone away on a longer fast, and I have quite a few of those. I also have a rather large calcium deposit on my collar bone where it was broken a few years back. I would hope my body might start to break that down sometime soon.

I just read this today about cold weather and detoxing...

When the body becomes chilled the skin pores close and other body reactions take place to protect against chilling as much as possible. In these instances, energies being redirected to temperature maintenance may result in temporary neglect of regular chores of elimination. The skin normally respires and the closing of pores throws an additional burden of elimination onto the respiratory system. If the body is already toxic, the added toxin retention may reach a level that will trigger a body cleansing crisis, such as a cold or flu.


That makes me worried about having done my cleanse in such cold weather. Thankfully it is a bit warmer now. I plan on doing more cleanses in the future, but I will NEVER do them during the winter. Unless I move to Florida...... I think the extreme cold made my cleanse much harder mentally and physically. Plus I think I definitely have suffered from SAD this year.

Tomorrow...3 weeks! I am going to buy myself something special.

more, later...

4 comments:

lemonlime said...

Congrats on making it to day 20. The last time I did the cleanse was in August and I had a much better time with it. It is harder in the cold weather. I have been wearing extra layers but I get cold too often.

;) said...

Summertime 'slushy' lemonades sound so much better!

Unknown said...

Question... I had never heard that about the scars. I definitely have scars from getting chiggers really bad a couple years ago. Legs, stomach, and chest area mostly. Have you found yours to be lessened at all? And what kindof scars did you have?

;) said...

Really just basic life scars, except for the one on my throat where I had a mole removed. It was very red and you could see where the stitches were. It is pretty much gone now. I don't know if it was from the cleanse or just time.
I think because the body does things in a certain order on the cleanse, those things are of the least importance.
Luckily weight and fat are the first to go, then your body starts to break down old tissues, etc. The problem is, it takes a very long cleanse to get to that point. That is why I am hoping to do a real long one this time.