Thursday, February 14, 2008

Day 9

Last night was probably the worst I have felt on the cleanse thus far. Still, it wasn't all that bad. Problem was, I had trouble falling asleep. I was tossing and turning most of the night. Then around 3 am I got a splitting headache. It was only on the right side with pain at the base of my scull and pain by my right temple.

Then around 6 am I started having some of the laxative tea stomach cramps. I ended up eliminating some solid waste. (ewww! Why is that crap still in me??) Even though I wanted to crawl back into my warm bed, I decided that this was probably the best time to get my salt water flush out of the way, since by body was in elimination mode. I drank it down in record time and went back to bed to wait until it had done its thing. This was actually perfect because many have suggested laying on your right side while waiting for the salt water to do its thing. Something to do with the shape of the intestines.

So salt water came out about and hour and a half later. Headache was all gone! I felt much better. I don't know if the feeling crappy was because of not doing the flush the previous day or if it was just a coincidence and I was just in a major detox mode anyway.

Went for a nice walk this afternoon. Made a trip to Whole Foods to get more lemons. I also got a few Myers lemons. I am going to mix it with the regular lemon juice for a little bit of a change. Maybe some lime too.

As I mentioned before, I am trying to be all natural during this detox time even with moisturizers, toothpaste and deodorant.
I have been using pure Coconut Oil on my skin. It works great and smells good. Problem is, it goes solid in this temperature. A friend suggested that I buy Hemp Seed Oil. I did, and I must say, this stuff is fab! It is really good for your skin. I did some research on the net, and I am also amazed at how good it is for you to ingest! When I go back to regular eating I am definitely going to make it a part of my diet.

I have always used a lot of natural fats in my diet. I eat tons of avocado's, nuts, seeds and I also take Flax Seed Oil tablets. The good fats make you skinny! But now after reading the benefits about Hemp Seed Oil, I am going to use that instead of Flax. My bottle of the stuff makes a great moisturizer and a great oil to ingest! And no, you can't get high off of it.

Here are some facts I found:

The green color in hemp seed foods comes from chlorophyll, that mysterious healing substance in nature that modern science can't as yet explain.

Of the 3 million plus edible plants that grow on Earth, no other single plant source can compare with the nutritional value of hempseeds. Both the complete protein and the essential oils contained in hempseeds are in ideal ratios for human nutrition.

Hemp seeds contain the highest percentage of Essential Fatty Acids in the entire plant kingdom.

Essential fatty acids in nutritional oils like hemp oil govern growth, vitality and state of mind. LA and LNA are involved in transferring oxygen from the air in the lungs to every cell in the body. They play a part in holding oxygen in the cell membrane where it acts as a barrier to invading viruses and bacteria, neither of which thrive in the presence of oxygen.

It also provides the derivative gamma linolenic acid (GLA) which stimulates growth of hair and nails, improves the health of the skin and can reduce inflammation. Its content of (GLA) makes it unique among edible seed oils. No other common seed contains (GLA).

Hemp seed oil also provides an adequate supply of antioxidants (Vitamin E), carotene (precursor to Vitamin A), phytosterols, phospholipids and a number of minerals including calcium, magnesium, sulfur, potassium, phosphorus, along with modest amounts of iron and zinc. Hemp seed oil also provides a good source of chlorophyll.

Google it. You will be amazed.

more, later...

No comments: