Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Day 7


This is the view outside of my window right now. I can't complain though. I would rather have the snow than the brutal cold of the last few days. Last night, I kid you not, I watched tv dressed in snowboarding pants and a hat and gloves. It is chilly and the MC brings my body temp down so I was pretty cold.

Did the SWF this morning and it did not really make a return exit. Hopefully it is just loosening some junk up and I will flush out better tomorrow. My stomach looks a bit distended though. I thought of skipping a day and just doing the tea instead, but I am always hopeful that I am going to have a big clean out with the salt water.

I feel really good today though. None of the Day 7 major detox symptoms some people get.

I have been trying to find some other things to do with my lemons. I read a bunch of places on the internet that a little lemon juice on a cotton pad applied to your face at night really clears up your skin, tightens pores and clears up blackheads.
Another thing that I have done is to stick my fingers in the juiced out lemon halves and leave them there for about 5 min. When you take your fingers out your nails are very bright white, healthy and clean looking.

Here are some interesting uses I found on the net for lemons:

Remove limescale from draining boards and taps - use half a lemon to rub over stainless steel draining boards and taps. Leave a minute, rinse and shine with a dry cloth.

Cut them up and place in a bowl of water and microwave for five minutes. It loosens the grime that gathers and makes your microwave easier to clean, not to memtion smell really good!

Boil a pot of water with lemon skins inside to help get rid of household odors.

Make a room deodorizer: Mix the juice of one lemon with 1 bag strong tea. Strain and store in an old spray bottle. Spray into rooms to make them smell fresh

Save leftover lemon peels. Cut the peels into smaller pieces and then toss them down the drain. Run the disposal to grind them up. You will smell the difference immediately.

Homemade furniture polish. In a spray bottle mix a cup of vegetable or olive oil with a half-cup of lemon juice. Spray when you need to polish up.

Instead of bleach soak your clothes in lemon juice and baking soda for about half an hour before washing it.

Stained dishes like coffee pots can be filled with warm or boiling water and lemon skins. Let it sit for about 3-4 hours. Drain and then wipe the pot clean.

Clean glass shower doors by applying lemon juice with a sponge. For an unbeatable sparkling shine, dry with crumpled newspaper.

You can remove ink from clothing by applying lemon juice on the ink stain. Wash the garment with regular detergent in cold water on the normal cycle.

Pouring three to four teaspoons of lemon juice into the water in your humidifier will help to eliminate odors.

To clean copper pots, rub a cut lemon with salt and use as a scrub. Rinsing and buffing with a soft cloth gave a beautiful shine. You can clean silver with lemon juice and buff with a soft cloth, and you can remove tarnish from brass by using the same method.

Get the stain off countertops by scrubbing with a cut lemon and salt. Rinse well and dry. Works great for laminate and stone countertops. For kitchen tile grout, mix lemon juice with water and scrub with a toothbrush.


more, later...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi.... found your blog from the Master Cleanser message board. I'm really enjoying reading it and I hope it's still going well for you. I'm starting the Cleanse tomorrow morning for the first time. I have that kind anxious trepidation.

I like these tips. I'll use them too.

Good luck...

Kristianne

;) said...

Thanks! Good luck to you too!

Shower Doors said...

wonderful look. That is really stunning. Anyway what about your surroundings .. ??