Monday, February 11, 2008

Day 6

I feel really good today. I really froze my butt off going to the store for my lemons. Being in the grocery store reminds me how much I miss cooking. I am not really hungry or having cravings but I miss some of the ritual of eating and preparing food.

I have also been trying to use much more natural products on my body during this cleanse. Some of the best products I have ever found are at Lush.
We have their stores here in Chicago in Macy's but you can shop online if you don't have one by you.

From the website:
A LUSH Life

We believe in making effective products out of fresh organic* fruit and vegetables, the finest essential oils and safe synthetics, without animal ingredients, and in writing the quantitative list on the outside.

We also believe in buying only from companies that test for safety without the involvement of animals and in testing our products on humans.

We believe in making our own fresh* products by hand, printing our own labels and making our own fragrances.

We believe in long candlelit baths, massage, filling the house with perfume and in the right to make mistakes, lose everything and start again.

We believe that our products should be good value, that we make a profit and that the customer is always right.

*We also believe words like "fresh" and "organic" have honest meaning beyond marketing.


So we are supposed to get a foot of snow tonight! Oh joy! I will remain happy and positive though. I guess it is not too bad to do the cleanse in the winter because I am not really missing much. No one I know is really in the mood to go out and do anything so I don't feel like I am missing out on anything being on a restrictive diet. When the spring has sprung I will be looking and feeling good!

more, later....

No comments: