Sunday, February 17, 2008

Day 12

I did a little experiment this morning. I measured a few places on my body with a tape measure before doing the SWF and then an hour after to see if I am retaining any of the salt and bloating. Nope! Same! The SWF seems to be a bit easier now. It still tastes gross, but comes out quicker and easier. None of that bloated belly of the first 5 days. Although what comes out is still amazing. 12 days without solid food and there is still waste coming out. Makes me happy to still be on the cleanse knowing all that "crap" is still in me. I hope by the time I break my fast I will have the clean pink tongue and clean bowels.

I have been having food dreams the last few nights. Last night it was all about chocolate chip cookies. Better to dream about them than to eat them!

So, there are lots of arguments around about whether or not this diet should be followed exactly as it was written, or if you can add some things to it. Most people say if it ain't broke, don't fix it. Peter Glickman is the author of "Lose Weight, Have More Energy & Be Happier in 10 Days". It is the same exact Master Cleanse as the original by Stanley Burroughs, but answers more questions. He had this to say:

"After coaching more than 500 people on the Master Cleanse in just the last 2 years, I can tell you with great certainty that adding anything to the Master Cleanse (other than items prescribed by licensed health care professionals is
A) unnecessary and
B) reduces the gains."

I agree with this for the most part. Some people are taking supplements, laxative pills, tablespoons of Olive Oil, hoodia or Bentonite & Psyllium.

I totally agree in this case that those things should not be added. Or that they are needed. Pills, or anything solid for that matter, takes your body out of fasting mode. Once your body had to produce acids and enzymes needed to digest your hunger will return. Plus, they could be dangerous. The Bentonite and Psyllium is up for debate as well.

You can find all over the internet photo's people took of what came out the other end using these products. It is called "mucoid plaque" a phrase that was coined by the man who invented this form of cleanse. People are amazed that all of this is coming out of them. I seem to think that it looks pretty much like Bentonite and Psyllium digested and making its exit. Doctors say it's a perfect scam - the more of the product you take, the more of the rubbery product you pass in bigger longer intestal wall formed clumps.

(CLICK HERE IF YOU WANT TO SEE "MUCOID PLAQUE")

So, even if you believe in this product for a colon cleanse, why do it during your Master Cleanse? This is a time for letting nature take over and letting your body do its thing.

Having said all that, I actually am going to make a modification to this diet , albeit a small one. I did the 10 cleanse to the letter, which is pretty much the suggested time. So now I am going to allow one cup of Green Tea in the morning and some other herbal teas during the day, such as Ginger Peppermint from Alvita Tea's.

They carry these tea's at Whole Foods and they have nothing added to them. Green Tea is just Green Tea. Ginger and Peppermint are the only ingredients. Some tea's like Yogi Tea, which I love also add lots of other things. Even if they are natural ingredients, I don't want them right now. So I'll let you know how it goes. I can't imagine any strange reactions to this.

Oh, the Miracle Whip! It has a very strong vinegar smell and bothered my eyes a bit. It did tighten my skin and make it very soft though. I may have to try it a few more times before I decide whether it is worth it or not to smear sandwich spread on my face.

more, later....

No comments: